Lessons Learned the Hard Way

Today after school the kids made sandwiches for a snack. The snacks were good and I felt like things were going pretty well as they cleaned up. So I sauntered into the office to work on a spreadsheet. Doesn't sauntering imply a peculiar nonchalance? Nonchalant in the face of impending doom is never a good way to be. If this was a scary movie, there would be lots of bass notes playing right now.

Here's what we learned:

1) Do NOT let your 10 year old son (or any aged child!) toss a Sam's Club sized container of mayonnaise into the air, assuming the lid is tightly screwed on.

2) Mopping the floor with boiling water will not clean the mayonnaise off the floor and cabinetry. Boiling water and Pine Sol will not clean the mayonnaise off the floor. Boiling water with bleach applied after the previous two applications, will remove the greasy, trip hazard from off of your floors.

Comments

Charmaine said…
Good know: How to clean mayo off of the floor.... I have to say, I had a good little giggle though.
Anonymous said…
lol - OMG! Thanks for the tip, girl - though I hope I won't have to put it to use.

Then again, with 3 monsters in the house, who knows?! ;)