Not sure if you've noticed the sad lack of pictures of us on this site. I know, with the sad lack of blogging in general, who pays attention to lacking pictures? Anyway, ace correspondent that I am, I let one the kids borrow the camera to photograph some Lego creations. In a sad twist of irony, while attempting to photograph the most AWESOME Lego creation so that we could share it on our blog, the camera was dropped. The lens cover was open at the time of dropping, and now we know, open lens cover + dropping camera = broken camera. Pause for a moment and mourn the passing of our 4 year old camera. She served us well....thank you for your kindness.
Moving on, I did some looking online, read some articles about performance and aperture and F stops. (I'm so pleased to be using camera lingo. It's like I'm in the bidness or something!) My research led me to the conclusion that I'm not a serious photographer. I just need an indestructible camera. It's a foregone conclusion, that although it was one of the kids that dropped the camera this time, it's likely to happen again, with me doing the dropping.
Olympus has a line of cameras that are shock resistant and water proof . You know in case I was taking action shots. Underwater. While snorkeling. In Iowa. Likely to happen or not, a gal has got to be prepared! After what seems like a long wait, the camera has arrived and I'm reading the manual and everything! I can't wait to take pictures!
Moving on, I did some looking online, read some articles about performance and aperture and F stops. (I'm so pleased to be using camera lingo. It's like I'm in the bidness or something!) My research led me to the conclusion that I'm not a serious photographer. I just need an indestructible camera. It's a foregone conclusion, that although it was one of the kids that dropped the camera this time, it's likely to happen again, with me doing the dropping.
Olympus has a line of cameras that are shock resistant and water proof . You know in case I was taking action shots. Underwater. While snorkeling. In Iowa. Likely to happen or not, a gal has got to be prepared! After what seems like a long wait, the camera has arrived and I'm reading the manual and everything! I can't wait to take pictures!
Comments
Congrats on the new toy.
This post was well-written. It made me giggle.
Dad
anonymous#3